Sunday, July 12, 2009

Rock Painting 101


Today felt more like summer than any day yet in June or July. This year has been unseasonably cool and spring-like, but today was HOT and HUMID. A good afternoon to paint rocks. (#44 on the 101 list). So, I took the dogs for a walk and collected pretty rocks along the way.

About 9:30am, I woke Sarah Clay with the exciting offer of swimming with mommy. We spent some quality pool time, racing (free style and backstroke), diving for torpedos, tossing the Splashball, sitting cross-legged on the bottom, and practicing hand stands. For a smidge (a favorite Sarah Clay word), I thought I might even be able to cross #70 (swim 50 laps in a day) off my list. Though math isn't my strong point, I do know that 13 laps stops fairly short of 50.

After lunch, we headed to Michael's for some paint and brushes. I'm terribly obsessed with NOT making a mess, which is odd because, by nature, I AM a messy gal. Mostly with my clothes. Anyhoo...blankets, paper plates, paper towels, paper cups, paint, brushes, and VOILA!

Some of our rock art is still in progress, but the completed masterpieces include a Golden Retriever with glow-in-the-dark eyes (SC), a baseball-flip-to-football (SC), a blue friend named Buddy (SC), a Disney rock (SC),a ladybug (S), a bee (S), and an ice cream cone (with sprinkles!) (S).

1 comment:

  1. Sallo- Love the rock painting....I think Blue Buddy is my fav.

    And you, messy???? Ha!

    Enjoy working from home today- don't you love that feature?

    ReplyDelete