Friday, March 20, 2009

I may have made a painting mistake

I may have made a painting mistake. So, what I'd like to know is ... what's the trick to picking the RIGHT wall color from a teeny tiny paint chip. I was adamant that today I'd actually do something while looking and not getting a job, that actually gives me a feeling of accomplishment. The plan was to (1) cook a new recipe (using the slow cooker, of course) and (2) begin painting the upstairs hallway as a precursor to the downstairs foyer.

The Meal? Penne Italiano. The paint color? Taupe 4. Only when I began painting, it looked more like 'Basketball 3' than 'Taupe 4'. After tomorrow's painting, I'll post a pic. Did I mention I HATE painting? I seem to forget that every time I go to paint again.

The meal was OK - though I'm not too much of a fan of Italian sausage, so I sorta swept the meat aside and ate the penne & sauce. Hubby said it was OK too, though he said he 'wouldn't want to eat it twice a week or anything'. Not quite as harsh as yesterday's 'I believe this is the worst pork chop I've ever had' critique. This comment sounds mean but really, we were both laughing so hard we could barely breathe.

Sarah Clay insists that she doesn't like 'pasta', though she loves spaghetti. No matter how I try to draw a similarity with, say, Goldfish - "Sweetie, cheddar goldfish still taste the same if they're shaped like fish or like whales - it's simply a different shape made of the same ingredients" - I get no where.

"No, mom, it's not. Goldfish are not made from pasta." So dinner included a bowl of Cookie Crisp cereal, grapes, and a piece of garlic bread. I love that kid.

Very sleepy and looking forward to sleeping till at least 6:30am! 'Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment